Monday, October 29, 2012

Assertions

Reading this chapter made me think of my research proposal. After just presenting at a conference this past weekend, I really wanted to completely redo my entire proposal. The idea of adding my own assertions to my research was an interesting idea, and it wasn't until I read this that I was aware I was doing it. So, I began questioning my own assertions and asking myself what types of knowledge and experiences am I applying to my research. Mostly, I came up with my own invested interest in the topic, along with my desire to challenge and go against the norm.

I also found the coding of dialogue very interesting, especially because I am going to be doing qualitative coding in my own research. The way Dyson and Genishi present analyzing dialogue into data is fascinating and very applicable in relation to how one could use his/her own experiences or knowledge to find patterns in the research.

I would continue on about this subject but I am presenting tonight so I will let y'all hear what I have to say tonight.

No comments:

Post a Comment